Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just got back the first nine pages. Yes, nine pages. It's going to be a slow edit, possible because of all the changes.
Some of them make me want to beat my head on the wall and say why don’t' you get it? I know I've seen this in other books! I know what I'm talking about, why don't you?
Most of the time, though, it's a good catch, and the advice has been wonderful. Helpful. Enlightening. And if an editor who does this tuff all the time doesn't get what I'm saying, probably a reader won't either. So ignore the head size holes in the wall. they're from working two jobs, really. no, I love my editor, and hopefully nine pages at a time will go quick.
And there were a lot of comments, mostly pointing out how different romance readers think from say, sci fi anime loving, cartoon watching, idiots such as myself. Just got to say it. TITAN MAXIMUM RULES. Tee hee. Love the jokes. oh yeah.
Anyway, just heard back from the editor. Changes are done and sent back.
Whispers has lots of promo opportunities. Once the new book is finished, I'm going to stat promo it major time.
Strangely, I don’t' have another book done, yet, and that was a goal. Finish one book, write another, keep them coming. It's the two jobs thing. I have half a book, which isn't too bad.
Well okay, I'm lying, and not in the good way. I have several half books lying around, I need to finish, because I keep getting ideals.(not plots, just ideals. Character. motivations. scenes plots kick my butt. Darn it.) still, that's what work is for, when not staring at vending machines looking for dirty pictures, work is for idling away time daydreaming about that plot.

No comments: