Saturday, July 30, 2011

Still chugging along on the rewrite, and yes, I did miss a few scene descriptions. It's like the book is taking place on a tv with no picture, just sound. Yikes. Who wants to watch that?
Now, I’m adding a few faint touches, smells sounds. Except I’m more than halfway through the book, so now when done I need to go back over the first part and make sure I used a few descriptive phrases. Not many, just enough to clue the reader what is going on.
I checked out a few sites for the submission point, looking at submission guidelines. Then, on every one, I looked under new releases and coming soon, because how else would I know if the book is right for that editor? I don't know. Maybe harlequin blaze, but i'm not sure, because I don't know anywhere around here that sells harelquin. Maybe fred meyers, or safeway, if I go to town. Otherwise, I looked on line, but without the money to buy the books, it doesn't tell me much about the kind of books they are publishing, and I think that is an important part of deciding where to publish.
I haven't worked on the victorian one at all, mostly because I hit a few snags. (you would think I would be use to it by now.) a little snag like 'no plot' i'm use to. Or maybe, 'stuck.' no, this plot was deciding if there should be sex in the novel, or make it a christain novel. I still don't feel like i'm good enough for christian novel. I mean, with a erotica, you know why the reader is reading the book. Right off the bat, I would guess for a sex description, and a hot one. Very easy to find, just thumb through romances at the library (no harelquins, I noted.) and pick out what the author likes that that sells well, and ta da. Masterpiece. With a christian novel, it's a bit harder. Do they read for the tips on Christianity? Or do they get read because people like drama, the praying, or seeing god's works? It's a bit harder. So, probably the victorian, which I will force myself to go back to and finish now that I have more plot hashed out, will most likely have sex. Which explains why so many characters are married in books, because victorians aren't exactly known for their bodice ripper parties.

No comments: